Authorities in Lousiana said they believe a woman who was beaten to death and found in November 2002 in a field near Lafayette was slain by a serial killer responsible for the deaths of three other women in Baton Rouge. The apparent fourth victim, Trineisha Dene Colomb, 23, was reported missing November 22 after her car was found in Grand Coteau, a small town near Lafayette. Two days later, her body was found about 20 miles away by a hunter. DNA evidence from the scene matched genetic evidence from the three other killings, which occurred in Baton Rouge, about an hour's drive east of Lafayette. A witness reporting seeing a white pickup truck parked behind the woman's abandoned car at the end of a gravel road, authorities said. A similar vehicle was mentioned by witnesses at the other killings. The first three victims were linked by DNA this summer, setting Baton Rouge residents on edge and leading to the creation of a special investigative task force. A hot line for tips has received thousands of calls and police said they have checked out thousands of leads, but there have been no arrests. The first victim, Gina Wilson Green, 41, was found strangled in her home September 24, 2001. Charlotte Murray Pace, 22, was found stabbed to death in her home May 31. Pam Kinamore, 44, was abducted from her home July 12. Her throat was slit and her body dumped about 30 miles from Baton Rouge. Colomb was the first black women connected to the murderer. She and Pace were less than a year apart in age; Pace was a month away from her 23rd birthday when she was killed. Detectives investigating the July, 1999, family massacre in South Wales have turned to the Internet to try to track down the killer. South Wales police have put two posters detailing the main points of the murder investigation on the force's web site. The move comes exactly two months after divorcee Mandy Power, 34, her disabled mother Doris Dawson, 80, and her two daughters Katie, 10, and Emily, eight, were found dead at their home in Clydach, near Swansea, South Wales. Detective Chief Inspector Chris Coutts said: "Although I believe the key to the investigation lies in Mandy's private life, we are using every means available to us to get these vital appeals out to as many people as we can. Officers investigating the murder particularly want to interview a woman who took a taxi to the Powers' home at about 1am on the night of the murders. They also want to trace the owner of a gold chain which was found at the family's house by detectives. Police believe the murderer or murderers responsible for a family massacre in Wales knew the victims, and is probably one of the villager of Clydach. As detectives released new information about the killings, the small community was rife with rumour and counter-rumour. Most locals believe South Wales Police already know who the killer is and are merely taking their time to make sure they get all the evidence. Within hours of the murder it was revealed that Mrs Power was having a lesbian affair with Alison Lewis, a former British martial arts champion and a former member of the Welsh women's rugby team. The couple had met when Mrs Power started watching Uplands Women's Rugby team in nearby Swansea, where Mrs Lewis - a former South Wales Police officer who is married to a serving officer - was an imposing winger. Soon they started an intense but secret relationship. The same day that Power and her children were discovered dead Mrs Lewis tried to kill herself by taking an overdose and then throwing herself from the upstairs window of her marital home. South Wales Police have put up a reward of £30,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the murderer or murderers. Detectives are anxious to trace a man who took a taxi from the Compass public house on the night of the murders. The investigation team also wants to talk to a heavily bloodstained man who visited a newsagents the following morning some seven miles away. But most of all, they want to talk to a woman who took a taxi to Kelvin Road on the night of the murders. On March 14, 1999, Brazilian police announced they were hunting a serial killer who has tied up, raped and stabbed repeatedly four women before dumping their bodies in a field close to a motorway. Sergeant Marcelo de Jesus Bispo said officers found the four corpses in Itabuna in the northeastern state of Bahia, 282 miles south of the beach resort of Salvador. "All had their hands tied and showed signs of battery and sexual violation," he said. "The autopsy has still not established how many stab wounds there were on each body, but it varies between five and eight stab wounds, concentrated around the heart area." Police have so far identified three of the women, aged 19, 24 and 36. They are looking for a farm owner who, according to witnesses, lured the women with promises of work harvesting beans. In 1992 four men were stabbed to death by a possible serial killer who might have met them in Denver gay bars. On October 4, 1996, Charlotte residents were told that police were investigating the possibility that a serial killer may be responsible for the disappearance or deaths of at least four African American women since 1992. Police said they have set up a task force to look at those unsolved cases and others for similarities. A second task force was formed on April, 1999, when a fifth black woman was added to to the victim list. On May 14 Charlotte police arrested Jafar Abdul Talib, formerly known as Willie James Lynch, and charged him with one of the killings. However, police say they have not ruled out the possibility that the women -- all prostitutes, drug users or both -- were the victims of a serial killer. Talib 58, was in the Mecklenburg County Jail on an unrelated charge of assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill, when he was charged with Little's murder. Not your model citizen, Talib was also charged with murder in 1985. The charge was later dismissed by the district attorney's office. Police said the victim in that case was a woman, but did not provide other details.


Satisfied customers are saying